The health and care of our patients’ vision is the top priority of our Physicians and practice. We want to assure you that East Michigan Eye Center and Surgery Center have the highest standards in place. Our Physicians, Medical Advisory Committee, and Management team have implemented robust measures, following CDC, CMS and the American Academy of Ophthalmology recommendations, to ensure you have access to much needed Ophthalmological care in a safe environment.
Throughout the pandemic, we have done our best to provide care on an urgent and emergent basis as per Governor Whitmer’s Executive Order. This has worked well as a temporary solution. However, it also identified how critical it is for patients to be seen in our office by our Physicians and to be able to under-go vision improving surgeries. To ensure our patients can be seen safely in our office and surgery center, we have redesigned our processes and workflow. We have detailed some of the steps we have taken below.
We will be available to all our patients who have an upcoming appointment, need to reschedule a previously canceled visit, or are due for a routine visit. Please be patient with us as we begin to re-open our schedules. We want to give all of our patients the great quality care that you have come to know from East Michigan Eye and Surgery Center in the safest possible ways.
Safety measures implemented:
- Asking patients to remain in the vehicle until they are called to enter the building at their appointment times.
- Limiting the number of patients in the office at one time, asking that all others wait in their vehicle unless it is absolutely necessary for the patient to be accompanied for their appointment. This will ensure patients have limited interaction with other patients and visitors.
- Screening patients and staff upon arrival to the clinics. Each patient and staff will have their temperature taken, be required to wear a mask, and asked to use hand sanitizer. Additionally, we will be asking screening questions regarding Covid-19 signs and symptoms and know exposure (Please wear a face covering or mask to the office. This can be a simple cloth scarf or bandana if you do not have access to a face mask).
- As a medical practice, cleanliness is a top priority. During this time, we will be cleaning non clinical areas of our practices after each visit and have assigned staff who are responsible for cleaning common areas throughout the day.
- Creating a COVID-19 observer position to ensure social distancing and proper cleaning is being conducted.
- Minimizing unnecessary contact and eliminating all handshakes to patients.
- Elimination of magazines, brochures, and anything that cannot be easily cleaned.
- Installation of “sneeze guards” to provide an additional barrier at the check-in and check-out areas.
Your safety and comfort are very important to us, as is your health and vision. We are happy to be re-opening and look forward to seeing you soon.